Surprising Health, Fitness and Wellness Benefits of Electric Bikes
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 14, 2020 — Electric cycling is a proven way for people of all ages to improve their health, fitness and overall wellness. According to Dr. Miryam Liberman, a Los Angeles-based internal medicine doctor, electric cycling promotes both physical and mental wellness that literally changes lives by helping people get the exercise they need to be healthy. An electric cyclist herself having ridden more than 10,000 miles and survivor of numerous back and knee surgeries, Dr. Liberman prescribes electric cycling to her patients of all ages. See video here.
Dr. Miryam Liberman prescribes electric cycling to her patients for health and fitness.
She has ridden her own electric bike more than 10,000 miles.
Surprising Benefits of Electric Cycling:
- Delivers Sustained, Low-Impact Aerobic Exercise — Electric cycling elevates your heart rate for a sustained amount of time, according to The University of Colorado, Boulder. It also provides less impact on joints than traditional cycling, which makes it easier for people to get the recommended 2.5 hours of moderate aerobic exercise per week, according to MD Anderson.
- Prevents Heart Disease and Stroke — By boosting your cardiovascular system, electric cycling can help prevent heart disease and stroke, the Number 1 and Number 5 highest causes of death, respectively. It also reduces your blood pressure and lessens your risk of diseases, including Type 2 Diabetes and cancer, according to studies by the National Healthcare Provider Solutions, American College of Cardiology, University of Southern Denmark, and MD Anderson.
- Provides Cognitive Benefits — Electric cycling helps boost mental well-being (even in just 30 minutes), including improving sleep, mood and potentially preventing or delaying later-in-life diseases such as dementia, according to a University of Gothenburg study.
- Helps You Get More Exercise — A recent Brigham Young University study shows that electric cyclists can receive the same high-intensity workouts similar to those on traditional bikes but without feeling as physically taxed. In fact, electric cyclists can burn nearly the same number of calories per hour as traditional cyclists, according to Harvard Health. As well, electric cyclists typically ride longer, farther and more often than they would on traditional bikes. The more you ride, the more you can improve your health, according to the Journal of Medical Internet Research.
- Enables People With Health Issues to Keep Exercising — Electric Cycling is also a great way for people who are recovering from injuries or surgeries to get much-needed aerobic exercise, according to the Journal of Medical Internet Research.
About Pedego Electric Bikes
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Sold at more than 125 Pedego-branded stores in the United States and additional branded Pedego locations in Canada, France and the U.K., Pedego Electric Bikes start at $1,895. The 250 to 500-watt motors empower riders to conquer hills and breeze through headwinds, cruising distances up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while the pedal assist functionality automatically adds power to their pedaling.
Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego’s high-quality, innovative “pedal or not” models include cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and a convenient electric folding bike. Pedego electric bikes deliver fun, exercise and a green alternative for transportation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.