Experienced Mechanic Business Description:
PEDEGO Palos Verdes is a family-owned dealer for PEDEGO Electric Bikes based in Palos Verdes, California. We are a small, but growing company, looking for a great candidate with a fun-loving attitude! At PEDEGO Palos Verdes we try to delight our customers by going the extra mile to ensure they receive excellent service. Our store is located in the Peninsula Shopping Center, next to Morgan’s Jewelers and Ulta Beauty.
PEDEGO is the largest e-bike company in the United States. We rent, sell and service PEDEGO e- bikes, exclusively. Our showroom features dozens of bike models and a wide variety of bicycle accessories.
We are looking for an experienced Bike Mechanic. An ideal candidate would be available to work Monday through Friday with some weekends and holidays. Must have a professional appearance and always smile!
Pay will be based on experience level.
The PEDEGO Bike Mechanic is responsible for: diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of PEDEGO Electric Bikes; as well as the building of new bikes. Most of the work is basic bike maintenance. Training is available at PEDEGO HQ. Our Bike Mechanic may also be asked to assist with instructing customers on how to use their bikes, installing accessories, and other shop tasks including answering the phones, writing up repair tickets, processing customer payments, and supporting a clean work environment in the shop. The Bike Mechanic is accountable for following PEDEGO’s customer service standards and communicating effectively with customers.
- Consistently demonstrates a friendly, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Welcomes customers with a smile.
- Answers phone calls and responds to customers in a timely manner.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of bicycle mechanics, components, and tools needed to complete repairs.
- Able to diagnose mechanical issues and complete estimates.
- Conduct repairs including:
Diagnose custom PEDEGO Electric Bike error codes.
Fix flat tires and true wheels.
Adjust bottom brackets.
Adjust brakes; replace brake pads; bleed brake hydraulic lines.
Complete bike builds.
- Follow company procedures for ordering special parts and submitting warranty claims.
Compliance with Company Standards:
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees and keeps a team approach in dealing with fellow employees and customers.
- Contributes to a fun working climate, which helps boost employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of PEDEGO, inside and outside of the store.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of mechanical bicycle experience.
- Proficient knowledge of electrical components.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Communicates clearly.
- Ability to learn and process information through our systems.
- Pays attention to detail and accuracy.
- Follows/adheres to OEM standards and specifications.
- Must have transportation (own a working vehicle/bicycle).
- Ability to move or handle bikes/merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to lift product overhead generally weighing up to 60 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, reaching, or sitting.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Interested and qualified? Contact Jeanine Yanes, [email protected] subject: Palos Verdes Bike Mechanic, for more information or to submit a resume.