Pedego Electric Bikes Help Commuters Go Green for Earth Day and Beyond
April 17, 2018
Glide past gridlock, park up front and get fit commuting by electric bike
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., April 17, 2018 — This Earth Day, April 22, thousands of people around the country are making a commitment to green living, including trading their cars for bicycles. Pedego® Electric Bikes makes it easy to keep your commitment to green living.
Benefits of commuting by electric bike include:
- Glide Past Gridlock. On an electric bike, sail around traffic jams and often times even arrive at your destinations faster than you would by car.
- Rock Star Parking. Zip past parking hassles and pull right up to the front door. Avoid parking fees and arrive on time — and under budget.
- Keep Comfortably Cool. On an electric bike, control your workouts and arrive fresh, energetic and ready to roar into action.
- Clean Scene Green Machine. Combat greenhouse emissions in the fight against global climate change. An electric bike is the ultimate green vehicle.
- Amazingly Affordable. With no DMV fees, no gas bills, no parking fees, no car insurance and no car payment, commuting by electric bike delivers a huge cost savings over a car.
- Get Fit. Electric cycling provides exercise disguised as fun, delivering a great workout — burning up to 500 calories per hour — while riders work out their day’s stress.
“We’re proud to help people commit to Earth Day in a meaningful and sustainable way,” said Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder Don DiCostanzo. “The benefits of commuting by electric bike are real, and so is the fun of every ride.”
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Sold at more than 115 Pedego-branded stores and hundreds of independent electric bike dealers worldwide, Pedego electric bikes have 250- to 500-watt motors that empower riders to conquer hills and breeze through headwinds, cruising distances up to 60 miles on a single battery charge. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while Pedal Assist automatically adds power to their pedaling. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego’s high-quality, innovative “pedal or not” models include cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and a convenient electric folding bike. Pedego electric bikes deliver fun, exercise and a green alternative for transportation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
Sandra Eckardt, T&Co.